IKEA to Sell Solar Panels and Battery System

« View all news stories

Share this story:
IKEA to Sell Solar Panels and Battery System

Home furnishers, IKEA has teamed up with UK solar firm, Solarcentury to launch a new Solar Battery Storage solution.

Designed to work alongside existing rooftop solar panels or as part of a complete new solar panel and battery storage system installation, the new offering will help homeowners to use more of the electricity that is generated by their solar panels.

An average solar home in the UK will typically consume around 40% of all the solar electricity generated, saving £380 a year. The remaining 60% of unused solar electricity is sent back to the National Grid, at a loss compared to its value.

Solar Battery Storage allows unused solar electricity to be stored and used at a later time, meaning the amount of solar electricity an average home can use doubles to 80%, typically saving £560.

A typical solar panel and battery storage system costs £6,925 in total. Homeowners can pay off the capital invested in roughly 12 years, at a 6% annual return (Using 3,300kWh per annum). Meanwhile they will be generating free, clean energy.

Susannah Wood, Head of Residential Solar at Solarcentury commented:
“We believe IKEA and Solarcentury are bringing the most competitive package to the market yet so more people than ever before can profit financially and environmentally by producing their own energy.”
  

Subscribe

Subscribe today »

Sign up for our newsletter

Enter your email address below to sign up!

Follow Roofing Today on Twitter Follow Roofing Today on Linked In